The Institute for Global Student Success helps international students achieve their academic, social and professional objectives in the U.S. and globally.
We offer yearlong programs consisting of an Intensive in NYC before the beginning of the school year and one-to-one mentoring with a faculty member throughout the year.
Our results have been outstanding. New students earned a Grade Point Average of 3.74/4.0 during their first year in the U.S. 90% of our eligible enrollees gain paid internships and/or jobs in the U.S. This is 3x the national average for international students and a higher employment rate than that for domestic students. Companies where our enrollees work include Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, Marriott, Disney, PWC, Jaba Technology and others.
Faculty and Speakers at this Years Intensive
1. President of Uniqlo U.S. who is looking to hire qualified international students who have been trained by IGSS.
2. Former Controller of Pepsi who has funded an entrepreneurial school at a NYC university and is active on the Boards of several public companies.
3. Developer of the first Video Chat application, which was bought by a major global technology company.
4. Director at KPMG tax practice.
5. Executives from JPMorgan Chase, PWC, Deloitte, Johnson & Johnson, Marketshare data analytics and other leading firms.
6. Alan Kerzner, Founders of IGSS who is on the faculty of Wharton and NYU. He has previously worked at Johnson & Johnson and Procter & Gamble.
7. Dr. Laura Sicola, world-renowned oral communications specialist who consults with international executives at iBM and other leading firms.
8. Tom Quarton, who has run a multi-billion dollar information technology company and consulted for organizations such as Microsoft, Frito-Lay, FedX, Marriott and Mars.
9. Linh Doung, strategy consultant at EY.
Intensive in New York City
August 20-21 – training on:
• American culture
• Succeeding in US classrooms
• Group Work – American style
• Choosing the Career that is Right for You
August 22-23 – professional skills you need to be successful
• Making yourself unique and desired by companies
• Networking for profit and fun
• Resumes that Rock
• LinkedIn and e-Mails
• Interviewing skills
• Career Roundtables on Entrepreneurship, Marketing, STEM, Consulting and Finance and Accounting
• Networking with executives
• Company Visits
September-May – one-on-one personalized mentoring every month with the faculty member of your choice
New students (freshmen, transfer students and first year graduate students take the entire 6-day Intensive and year-round mentoring
Returning students (rising sophomores-seniors and second year graduate students) can take August 22-23, August 22-25 or August 22-25 plus year-round mentoring.
Mention that heard about IGSS from IntroAmerica and you will receive a 10% discount on all programs. The referral code is CJAS11.