US Scholarships for International Students
If you are an international (non-US) student in high school or currently attending a US college but interested in a scholarship, IntroAmerica has partnered with hidden gem colleges and universities. These schools provide a first rate education and high value but are less well-known so are willing to offer sizeable scholarships to international students. You can win a partial or full scholarship for up to four years!
Why should you apply? If you want to attend a college where you will learn American culture and learn to speak English like a native, you have to consider the colleges and universities in this program. When you attend these institutions, you will be in small classes and get the attention from the professors that make going to college a great investment. At these institutions, you will be able to provide your global perspective and share your opinions. You might even be awarded a full scholarship. But you have to do a little extra work. What if IntroAmerica can increase your odds for getting into a top 100 liberal arts university or a best-value leading regional college?
How does this program work? IntroAmerica finds colleges willing to offer scholarships. At the same time, we rigorously screens foreign students for academic ability and English writing and speaking proficiency by evaluating performance in a graded essay-writing contest, followed by a graded interview for those who do well in the essay-writing component.. IntroAmerica sends the names of the best students to the colleges in the program.
Why you should act now? You still need to apply to and be accepted by the college but with the IntroAmerica scholarship program you can bypass a lot of student competition as well as the overloaded recruiters. This program increases your odds of winning a scholarship because your name can land on the short list for one of these scholarships offered exclusively to students in this program. The program for this academic year continues only until April 2016. Colleges have different application due dates and scholarships will be given based on the order of application so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. If you are interested in attending a US college in Fall 2016 with a scholarship, this is a not-to-be-missed opportunity requiring immediate attention.
How do you get started? There are 5 easy steps…
- Create an application profile at IntroAmerica Scholarship Program Application – Global
- Watch the essay writing and interview training webinars provided by U.S. experts to improve your competitiveness. The webinar training links will be sent to you via email automatically after you finish the application and payment process.
- On your selected test date and test time, write your essay. At the test time, your essay question will be emailed to you. You have one hour to write essay. Then you will be asked to send the essay back to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you follow the instructions and write your name on your essay.
- If you are selected as one of the best essay writers, you will be asked to interview to get an assessment of your ability to be a successful student in America. Instructions will be emailed to you and you will interview via Webex or Skype. You will get feedback shortly after your interview.
- You must apply directly to the college or university offering the scholarship: send your common application and all required transcripts, test scores and recommendations. If you meet all of their admissions requirements, you may find yourself admitted to a US college, possibly with a scholarship. All students applying through the IntroAmerica Star Student Search Program will get a quick turn-around on the admission decision, in some cases in less than a month.
– Choose the colleges you are interested in attending next year or in the future. Note: if you are not applying for Fall 2016 admission, let us know so we can introduce you to the college admissions people directly if your essay writing and interview results might land you a future scholarship. (Send an email to email@example.com . Be sure to include your full name and contact information in this email.)
– Select a time slot for essay writing.
– Make the $10 (US) payment to finish the application process – find Pay Tab on our website.
NOTE: Some colleges insist that you apply in order to be considered for a scholarship. Colleges may also require scholarship winners to commit to attend by enrolling by a deadline.
The list below indicates some of the majors offered by the colleges in the current program. If you do not see your major there, copy and paste the college link to find the majors offered for each college. All the colleges have more majors than the ones identified below. More colleges may be added in the next couple of months: